- Carry an anti-mosquito cream or lotion for local application.
- Carry your prescribed drugs in sufficient quantities; you never know they may be unavailable here.
- Always buy bottled mineral water. If possible drink boiled water. While buying bottled water, do not forget to check the seal.
- Non-vegetarian dishes must be eaten at decent hotels, instead of small restaurants.
- Do not have cut fruits or salads from roadside vendors. It is not at all hygienic and may lead to infections.
- Keep a small first aid kit with you, containing all your prescribed medicines, band-aids, anti-septic ointment and mosquito repellants.
- If you are traveling during summers carry hats, sunglasses and sunscreen lotions. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Immunization against polio, tetanus and typhoid is recommended. Visitors arriving from yellow fever area require valid vaccination certificates.
To enjoy the place completely, know about the health precautions and tips for Madurai city of Tamil Nadu.
Health Precautions in Madurai
The saying "Precaution is better than cure" holds true even today. So, if you do not want to spoil your mood and want to have fun in Madurai, stick to the above quote. While traveling, you need to be extra careful about your health. Though, there are good medical facilities available in all parts of the nation, one should always follow some common health tips. It is not very difficult to take care of your health while you are out. Just some precautions and you can save yourself from all the troubles you might have to face otherwise.